Program Dates: January 2016 – January 2017
After the success of The Student Training and Employment Program (STEP!), TYO and Abdul Hameed Shoman Foundation (AHSF) launched The Student Training and Employment Program II (STEP! II) to continue its support for youth employability in Palestine.
- TYO implemented intensive, multi-level English as a Foreign Language (EFL) courses for over 330 youth and developed a robust and engaging English immersion curriculum that incorporates online learning
- 360 youth participated in the Youth Service Learning Volunteer Program and developed their employment, leadership, and life skills through trainings and practical experiences
- These Youth Service Learning Volunteers interacted with and mentored over 1,170 children in TYO’s Early Childhood Education and At-Risk Youth programs
- 17 Youth Volunteers who demonstrated a high level of commitment participated in a competitive internal internship program and served as EFL Fellows
- TYO provided 27 scholarships for one-year of tuition for students who displayed exemplary performance in the program as youth volunteers