Calling all future educators in Lebanon!
TYO-Lebanon Volunteer Opportunity
The Child Friendly Schools project is underway, and Tomorrow’s Youth Organization- Lebanon is excited to offer enthusiastic and dedicated university students and fresh graduates the opportunity to participate in a series of workshops which are focused on training current and future educators in Lebanon on the importance of active learning and non-formal education.
Participants will not only be educated on a successful ECD model, they will also benefit from being active members in a workshop environment.
CFS workshops will be held in a select school in the Bekaa Valley, Lebanon, and educators from 4 nearby villages will also be selected to participate. The training is scheduled to begin at the end of August 2012 and will continue until April 2013, there will be an average of 3 consecutive training days per month.
TYO-L is interested in recruiting participants who will be dedicated to advocating the importance of early childhood development and the beneficial impact of non-formal and active learning on young minds. We are seeking to enlist participants who will be influential educators by first and foremost practicing what they preach. In addition, we are looking for participants who have the following experience and characteristics:
- Teaching experience or worked in school administration
- Participated in workshops, internships or did volunteer work related to education, early childhood, or youth activities
- Intercultural work experience
- Fluent Arabic and English (written and spoken)
- Excellent organizational and administration skills, and the initiative to apply them as needed without extensive direction
- Commitment to TYO’s non-political, non-religious approach and experience with and enthusiasm for work with people from all backgrounds
- Creativity and positive energy for making a difference
If you fit the profile described above and are interested in partaking in the CFS workshops, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.