TYO Joins the Annual GE “Leading and Learning” Event in Crotonville, NY
The Cherie Blair Foundation for Women (CBFW) and GE invited TYO to participate in this year’s prestigious “Leading and Learning” event in Crotonville, NY from May 13-15th. This year’s theme was to inspire women leaders in business to be “always evolving.” TYO was honored to be selected to participate and was represented by Ms. Sahar Dwaikat, TYO Nablus entrepreneur and Ms. Nadine Okla, TYO-Lebanon Country Director. The event kicked off on Monday, with a specific closed training session, and catered to the needs of women in business in developing contexts, like Lebanon.
The training topics included:
- Understanding and communicating your brand
- Consistent and clear communication with employees and customers.
Negotiating for Success:
- Preparation, planning, strategy and processes
Hiring the Right “Talent:”
- Preparation, planning, conducting interviews, how to asses and the pitfalls of human resource management
- Confronting performance issues and managing staff
TYO looks forward to taking the learning from the training back to all of our beneficiaries in a workshop dedicated to sharing the lessons learned, tools and skills that can help our beneficiaries to further grow and expand themselves and their businesses!
The second day of the event found TYO representatives sharing their stories to a group of 200 women business leaders from around the world. They were afforded the opportunity to present a session about their experiences, best practices, challenges and visions for women-based entrepreneurship in the Middle East.
Other panelists included a long list of esteemed speakers, discussing topics ranging from but not limited to:
- Manufacturing Best Practices
- Creativity in Science: Driving the Innovations of Tomorrow.
- Bringing Ideas to Scale
Some of the speaker highlights included:
- Mr. Jeffrey R. Immelt, CEO of GE
- Ms. Angela Ahrendts, CEO of Burberry
- Ms. Sheryl Sandberg, NY Times Bestselling Author of “Lean In” and COO of Facebook
TYO felt privileged to be able to participate in the event and expresses many thanks to CBFW and the entire GE team!
To learn more about GE’s Leading and Learning event, please visit: https://www.ge.com/events/leadingandlearning/index.html